Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Urban Sustainability Forum - Next Generation Green
Thursday, January 17, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (EST)
Philadelphia, United States
In case you haven’t noticed, there are a whole bunch of young people in Philadelphia doing great sustainability work. At our January Urban Sustainability Forum, come hear from several of these leaders about their projects and initiatives.
Bringing fresh ideas, motivation, and the determination to help their communities live more sustainably, Philadelphia’s young visionaries are making an impression on those who have been working in the field for years. Their contributions cover a wide range of essential services, ranging from innovations in transportation to agricultural modifications and more. Hear how they are connecting with environmental organizations on college campuses, plus listen to music and spoken word artists from Philadelphia public schools at this lively event.
- Simon Hauger (Introduction) - Co-founder of the Sustainability Workshop
- Da’quan Wilson - Philip Randolph Career Academy in Philadelphia and Overbrook Environmental Education Center
- Rashaun Williams - Phreshphiladelphia, affiliated with the Science Leadership Academy
Mairead Brogan - Radnor Middle School
Sam Schulz - Radnor Middle School
Manna-Symone Middlebrooks - Science Leadership Academy
Stephen Holts - Science Leadership Academy
- Stefon Gonzalez - Sustainability Workshop
- Tina Tran - Sustainability Workshop
- Bethany Burgess - Teens 4 Good, a program managed by the Federation of Neighborhood Centers, student at the Academy at Palumbo
- Lily Ramos - Teens 4 Good, a program managed by the Federation of Neighborhood Centers, student at Saul High School
- Mohammad Abuawadeh - W.B. Saul High School
- Fatemah Butler- W.B. Saul High School
- Isaiah Nelson - W.B. Saul High School
- Teens 4 Good a program managed by the Federation of Neighborhood Centers
- Bright Ideas, Sustainability Workshop
- Overbrook Environmental Education Center
- George W. Nebinger Elementary School
- Fairmount Water Works Interpretive Center
- Moms Clean Air Force
- The Sierra Club of Drexel University
We'd like to thank Fresh Direct, the Sustainability Workshop, Ann Cohen and theUrban Sustainability Forum Steering Committee for helping to make this program possible.